The first time that such a variety of Tasmanian records are available online, all from the same search, including Tasmanian Birth, Death and Marriage records.
The Tasmanian Names Index Includes:
- Arrivals (19th Century). Passengers and ships arriving, mainly in Hobart. Contains surnames A-K, L-Z to be added.
- Births (1803-1933). People born in Tasmania including some baptisms collected by the Registrar General (1900-1933 baptisms only).
- Census (1837-1857). Householders in the 1840s and 1850s, not complete for all districts.
- Deaths (1803-1933). People who died in Tasmania including some burial records collected by the Registrar General (1900-1933 burials only).
- Convict permissions to marry (1829-1857). Convicts applying to marry free people or other convicts.
- Convicts (1803-1893). Convicts transported to Tasmania and those convicted locally through the convict system.
- Departures (1817-1867). People leaving Tasmanian ports, mainly Launceston.
- Divorces (1861-1920). Petitions for divorce in the Tasmanian Supreme Court.
- General Index (1818-1934). A range of records, including people’s names and subjects.
- Inquests (1828-1930). Inquests into people’s deaths.
- Marriages (1803-1899). People who married in Tasmania.
- Naturalisations (1835-1905). People applying to become citizens.
- Wills (1824-1989). Wills and letters of administration of estates registered for probate.