Find your Lincolnshire ancestors and relatives with this list of links and resources to family history, genealogy and local history records.
- Lincolnshire Archives
- North East Lincolnshire Archives
North East Lincolnshire Archives has more than 2 kilometres of shelving filled with 12,000 boxes of original documents dating from the 13th century to the present. These documents contain information about most places in the area, and cover a wide range of subjects.
The Archives may be able to help you if you are interested in: your family history, village history, house history, school, the people of North and North East Lincolnshire
school, graduate or post-graduate study, legal rights and titles.
Births, Marriages & Deaths
- England BMDs
- Lincolnshire Marriages
The following Lincolnshire marriages can be downloaded in .xml (Excel) format.
Glanford Brigg 1837-1870
Lincoln (City) 1837-1870
Lincoln (Rural) 1837-1911
- Lincolnshire Parish Records
Burials & Cemeteries
- North Lincs Gravestone Photos
- Lincolnshire Cemetery Records
- Lincolnshire Gravestone Photos
- Lincolnshire Cemetery Registers
- Lincolnshire Monumental Inscriptions
Criminals and Convicts
- Criminal Ancestor Records
- Lincolnshire Convicts Database
Search and view convict and victim records from the Lincolnshire convict database. Search by name, crime, ship, court or destination.
- Gazetter & Directory of Lincolnshire
- Kelly’s Directory of Lincolnshire 1909
- Lincolnshire Historical Directories
- Bygone Lincolnshire
- Domesday Book Lincolnshire
- Genuki Lincolnshire
- Highways & Byways in Lincolnshire
- Memorials of Old Linconlshire
- British Military Records
- Lincolnshire RAF History
- History of the Lincolnshire Regiment 1914-1918
- Lincolnshire Regiment
- Lincolnshire Roll of Honour
- Lincolnshire War Graves
- British Apprentices 1710-1808
- Lincolnshire Parish Apprentice Index
- Lincolnshire Police Roll of Honour
- Lost Pubs of Lincolnshire
Societies and Groups
- Lincolnshire Family History Society
The Lincolnshire Family History Society covers Holland, Kesteven and Lindsey, the three parts of the Historic County of Lincolnshire. Founded in 1990, the Society now has over 3000 members worldwide, and in the year 2000 the LFHS leased premises in central Lincoln as a research centre.
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 1
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 2
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 3
- Lincolnshire Pedigrees Vol. 4
- Lincolnshire Surnames 1881
Wills and Probate
- Lincoln Consistory Court Wills Index
This index of wills proved in the Consistory Court of the Bishop of Lincoln 1701-1800 are several pdfs; they are in alphabetical order from 1701 – 1750 and them alphabetical order from 1751 – 1800. Please bear in mind that the quality of the index and information you can retrieve depends on the quality of the original typescript and this is variable. It will serve as a guide pending the launching of improved catalogue searching on this website.
- Lincolnshire Will Abstracts
- Lincoln Wills 1505-1530