Find your Hampshire ancestors with these family history, genealogy and local history records, which are, mostly, available online.
- Hampshire Archives
Find out what records they hold and how to access them. The archives are located in Winchester.
- Southampton Archives
They hold material relating to the city and its people dating back to 1199.
BMDs & Parish Records
- Fareham Burial Records
The Fareham (Hampshire) burial record search facility is provided to allow families to search for relatives buried in the one of the Council’s eight cemeteries:
- Crofton Cemeteries
- Fareham Cemetery
- Holly Hill
- Roman Grove
- St. Johns
- St. Pauls
- Titchfield Posbrook Lane
- Titchfield St. Peter
- Eastleigh Cemetery Database
The Eastleigh Cemetery Database includes records from Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Hound, Pine Road and Ramalley cemeteries. It’s possible to search by using one or more of the following: surname, first name, cemetery, burial date and grave number.
- Hampshire Gravestone Photos
Images and records from many Hampshire cemeteries and graveyards.
- Highland Road Cemetery
The friends of the cemetery, located in Portsmouth, can search and locate a grave for you for a donation.
The records are free to search and view.
- Hampshire Directories
Several historical directories from the 1800s and early 1900s.
- Kelly’s Directory of Hampshire 1889
An online book that you can search, browse or download.
- Southampton Street Directories
These directories list the name and address of residents covering many years.
- The North Hampshire Tithe Map project has, as it’s aim, to transcribe and digitise all the Tithe Apportionments and Tithe Maps for that area of North Hampshire covered by the present Borough of Basingstoke & Deane. Additionally all the data from the Tithe Apportionments is being compiled into a searchable database.
- The Hampshire Genealogical Society is a great place to research your Hampshire ancestors. There’s lots of information on the website plus links to resources, events, membership and training.
You might also be interested in Isle of Wight Family History