Research your Bedfordshire family history and break down those brick walls with these online resources which include births, marriages and deaths, parish records, military records and much more.
Births, Marriages & Deaths
Search and view civil births, marriages and deaths from 1837 onwards.
- Bedfordshire Parish Records
Baptisms, marriages and burials from 1538 onwards.
- 1939 Register
These unique records allow you to see where your ancestors were living just before the war.
- Bedfordshire Census Records
Criminals and Convicts
- Bedfordshire Gaol Register
Bedfordshire Gaol Register aims to add the details from all the surviving County Gaol and House of Correction registers held at BLARS for the period 1801 – 1901, an approximate total of 35,000+ entries.
- Bedfordshire Quarter Session Rolls 1714-1832
- Criminal Ancestor Records
- Bedfordshire Poll Book 1722
A transcript of people who voted in elections.
- Electoral Registers 1832-1986
Find out about your ancestors who were eligible to vote and where they lived across the years.
- Bedfordshire Historical Directories
- Slater’s Commercial Directory 1850
Contains the names of traders, bankers merchants, gentry and nobility from Bedfordshire cities and towns.
- British Military Records
- Bedfordshire Militia Records 1759-1884
- Bedfordshire Regiment in the Great War
- Bedfordshire and Herts Regiment
- Bedfordshire and Herts Regiment During WWII
- Bedfordshire at War
- Bedfordshire Roll of Honour
- Luton WWI Roll of Honour
- Bedfordshire Newspaper Collection 1710-1953
Search many local newspapers including the Bedfordshire Mercury, Bedford Record, Luton Reporter and more.
- Leighton Buzzard Observer
- Bedfordshire Apprentices
- Bedfordshire Baptist Ministers 1753-1835
- Bedfordshire Police Roll of Honour
- Bedfordshire Pubs Archive
- High Sheriff of Bedfordshire
- Lost Pubs of Bedfordshire
Photos and Postcards
- School Admission Registers 1870-1914
Search over 460,000 Bedfordshire records to find out where your ancestor went to school.
Societies and Groups
- Bedfordshire Family History Society
The Society was formed in 1977 to encourage the study of Family History, Genealogy and Heraldry, primarily within the County of Bedfordshire. There are also some free resources including Bedfordshire strays.
- Bedfordshire Historical Record Society