Tasmanian Names Index
The first time that such a variety of Tasmanian records are available online, all from the same search, including Tasmanian Birth, Death and Marriage records.
– Arrivals (19th Century). Passengers and ships arriving, mainly in Hobart.
– Births (1803-1933). People born in Tasmania including some baptisms collected by the Registrar General (1900-1933 baptisms only).
– Census (1837-1857). Householders in the 1840s and 1850s, not complete for all districts.
– Deaths (1803-1933). People who died in Tasmania including some burial records collected by the Registrar General (1900-1933 burials only),
– Convict permissions to marry (1829-1857). Convicts applying to marry free people or other convicts.
– Convicts (1803-1893). Convicts transported to Tasmania and those convicted locally through the convict system.
– Departures (1817-1867). People leaving Tasmanian ports, mainly Launceston.
– Divorces (1861-1920). Petitions for divorce in the Tasmanian Supreme Court.
– General Index (1818-1934). A range of records, including people’s names and subjects.
– Inquests (1828-1930). Inquests into people’s deaths.
– Marriages (1803-1899). People who married in Tasmania.
– Naturalisations (1835-1905). People applying to become citizens.
-Wills (1824-1989). Wills and letters of administration of estates registered for probate.
Biographical Database of Australia
BDA is a new research tool for historians and genealogists comprising transcripts and indexes of many original records and published biographies of deceased individuals who arrived in or were born in Australia, starting from the earliest times.This first release contains convict, muster, census, baptism, marriage and burial manuscript records for most of the New South Wales population 1788-1828, for Norfolk Island and Tasmania 1802-1811, and many immigrant and convict records from 1829-1837 along with full text of short biographies of 11,000+ residents of most colonies/states published 1881-1907.